What to do after a fire?
Experiencing a house fire is a frightening and very upsetting experience. In the aftermath of a fire, it is very important to know what to do here are some guidelines to help you.
- Contact your Insurance company
- Do not enter a house or other building that has been affected by a fire until you have listened to the professionals telling you that is okay to do so. When you do have the ok to enter wear gloves, mask and boots.
- Secure the property; Old Dominion Specialty Construction can help you with your board up needs.
- Contact family members that may not have been with you. Let them know that you are ok and give them your contact information.
- If you are a tenant, contact the owner/landlord and/or their insurance company.
- Secure your own valuables.
- Never assume that clean up companies were sent by your insurance company, there are a lot of Fire Truck Chasers out there.
- Keep a list of the people you have contacted.